Sunday, March 28, 2010

Earth Song

There is a song in this Earth.

Somewhere between the dying wind
and the melting ice
and the blossoming Lilac
is the song that slips into my
fading consciousness
just before I fall asleep.

I hear Her whispering to me,
calling my name,
showing me the way.

It lives within the resonance of the
still, humid
afternoon Sun,
and in the warmth that lingers
on the boulder's face
long after the Moon has risen
in the cool
orange
purple
charcoal
sky.

This sweet nectar
lingers
just beneath the sound of the
cicadas
in the stillness of deep Night,
and when their song has
finally faded,
when every song has
surrendered
to the
pervasive
silence,
there it is.

As I sit here beneath the full Moon's
pale glow,
my body sways gently,
and above me,
the Willow's leaves begin to rustle.
My breath is shallow and slow,
for I do not want to miss even
one
sweet
moment.
We lean in closer, the Willow and me,
hoping to discover
the sweet secret that
is whispered here.

Something within me begins to stir.
The Willow, too, seems to feel what I feel,
and her leaves dance upon the gentle wind.
I push my body to standing,
and feel the cool, damp soil beneath my feet.
High above, within these graceful branches,
a lone bird begins to sing.

The Invitation.
My heart begins to pound,
and as the bird's song becomes more bold,
I feel the Willow join with her own sweet offering
as she dances joyfully with the wind.
Deep within my own flesh,
beneath the sound of my heartbeat,
and beyond the rhythm of my breath,
a vibration fills me,
strong and low.
Swaying beneath the tree,
wind flowing through my own body,
sound begins to emerge -
Sound like none that has
ever
escaped
the walls of my creation,
strange and not quite my own.
Where is this coming from?

The horizon
appears
just beyond the mountains.
The deep black of night
surrenders
into pale morning light,
violet and rose,
and I realize that I have
always
known this song.

Teach me to listen more deeply than my own mind,
and to surrender to your light with the grace of
the first light of day. Aho.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Urpi

Urpi
Inside a hostel in Cusco, Peru