Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

What an amazing Thanksgiving. I am too tired to write much right now, but want to acknowledge the beautiful beings that graced my day: Ali, Ali, Forrest, Caitlin, Peyton, Sara, Max, Tiny, and Friday. Thank you all for being in my life.

An especially beautiful day, too, since today is my 12th anniversary of bringing Friday kitty into my life. Twelve years ago at Clinton Adams' Thanksgiving gathering for students, he introduced me to this sweet little skinny kitty. And now, so many years later, he is a round little Buddha. My life is especially blessed by him.

The conversations tonight were so open and real and beautiful. I am grateful to have connected and listened and spoken with such wonderful people. Each one revealed something that was so rich and brought much meaning to my day. I am endlessly grateful.

I am also grateful for a suggestion from Ali: what if I didn't replace my car at all, and worked to live as a pedestrian, and perhaps rent a car when I need one, or take public transport? What if, indeed... Quite possibly, this is the best suggestion I've had in a long, long time...hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Urpi

Urpi
Inside a hostel in Cusco, Peru