Thursday, December 3, 2009

Welcoming Willow

Between busyness and an inconsistent internet connection at home, I have fallen out of my daily blog. And I have had much to write about, much to explore. Today, I begin anew, re-dedicating myself to my process of daily writing, charting the days of one year of my life. And now, as I sit on my bed, little Friday has curled up around my left knee, purring loudly. He is warm and sleepy, and is going to lure me into his world very soon, I can feel it.

My car was totalled. In the last week, I have been through the torture of trying to find a used car within a reasonable budget, as well as reliable and fuel-efficient. I have also been through the final surrendering of my little blue Honda Civic, the first car I ever bought, and the beautiful collection of peace-centered bumper stickers she held. Serena, you have served me so well, and I bid you farewell. Now, my life has come to include Willow. 2002 Toyota Prius, emerald green. I could never have imagined getting a new-to-me car right now, not unless the universe made it necessary, and brought funds through the settlement from my car insurance company. Man, the change just won't stop these days...

But I am content with a nice, new car, a hybrid, with a navigation system, and a reliable way of charging my cell phone and playing my Ipod. That's a treat, for sure! And tonight, I got up to 44.5 miles per gallon driving home from massage school. That's a blessing...if my driving can cause as little harm to the Earth, then I am much happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Urpi

Urpi
Inside a hostel in Cusco, Peru