Friday, October 30, 2009

Meaningless studying

Tonight, instead of diving into writing here about something inspiring or heartfelt, I am sitting in my bed, studying meaningless drivel for my kinesiology class. And tomorrow, instead of finding someplace to romp about with festivity, I will likely be doing the same. Now, it is totally my own choosing to have waited so long to do this reading, and to take this online exam. But the amount of sheer garbage that this book is filled with really does blow my mind. It is redundant. It is wordy beyond anything I have ever encountered...even beyond myself! Haha! And it is meaningless learning. The kind of mandatory bullshit that makes my blood boil. And to think, all this information gathering and regurgitation is necessary only so that massage can be considered a legitimate field within the medical community. So that it won't be viewed as a step above prostitution. So that it will be taken seriously. Good god...what we do in this culture in order to make things "important." At least a hooker has some passion boiling in there!! With this approach to learning massage, I am spending more time learning bullshit words than learning how to read a body with my hands. That makes no sense.

Okay, rant simmering down...

I must go back to my studying now. Only another hundred pages or so of this garbage to go before I can take the online multiple choice test! Ooh, my belly is all full of butterflies with joyful anticipation...ha! Wow, it's been a long time since sarcasm came so naturally to me. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Urpi

Urpi
Inside a hostel in Cusco, Peru